Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A gentle word turns away wrath

Proverbs 15
1 A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.

2 The tongue of the wise commends knowledge,
but the mouth of the fool gushes folly.


Lord thank you for your words of knowledge, please help me to always speak in a manner that is pleasing to you. The husband and the children you have blessed me with, are true treasures and I want to treat them as such. Help me to keep my tongue, and when I need to speak, help me to whisper instead of yell. Help me to smile instead of frown. Please help me to walk in the Love you have given me, through your Holy Spirit. Have your way in my heart, and in the hearts of my family.

I love that God is still working in me, I love that he knows my struggles and he loves me and gently encourages me. I want to be that way to those around me as well. I want to be a reflection of his glory. Just like when Moses came down off the mountain after being in God's presence his face radiated. I want Gods love to radiate through me, so that I can be an encouragement to those around me. I know God is faithful to finish the work he has started in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment