Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas!

It hard to believe it's Christmas time already! It seems like we just did this not that long ago. As I get older time seems to go faster, and the years start to blur together. I do love Christmas time with my family!

Over the years we have done different things to celebrate the birth of our Savior. In the years past we have always taken a month off of regular school work and focused on learning about the Christmas story. We have done Unit Studies on Christmas, and have made our own Christmas books filled with scripture that tells the the story of a world in need of a savior. We have made ornaments for our tree that have to do with different aspects of Gods word, and his promises. It has always been a wonderful time of learning, and fun.

This year we decided to push through half of December with regular School work, and take a week off before Christmas to get all our shopping, baking, and present making done. We are also taking the week after Christmas off because Larry is only working two days that week. Although we are busy, I love the relaxed atmosphere in the house. No one is grumbling about their math, or grammar lessons...we are just having fun baking cookies and making gifts.

There is so much I could say about this year, but I don't have the words. It has been a really tough one, but God is faithful. God has had to do some trimming on us as a family, and it's been painful...yet the pain has brought healing in so many ways. I am glad that in a few weeks we will be able to put this year behind us, and I look forward to all He will do in our lives in the coming year. I do not want to forget the lessons that have been learned, but I am ready to start fresh. We are much lighter now, we have gotten rid of a lot of stuff that was dragging us down...So I think we may be ready to start running for the Lord....but we are waiting for his direction. I know he has much more work to do in us, and probably more pruning...I don't like to think of the pruning...but if it accomplishes God's plans for us...then I lift up my arms....

I am so glad that God has given us good friends to share our lives with. I love my brothers and sisters in Christ...you know the ones that stick around even when you have messed up pretty bad. The ones who pray with you and encourage you in the Lord. I am thankful for my Sisters who encourage me when I am having a really hard school day as well...and they take the time to talk me through it, or take the time to pray for me. I am thankful God has given me a wonderful family who goes out of their way to bless us, and loves us. I am so blessed, We are so blessed, and I hold you all in my prayers!

Merry Christmas everyone!!! May this season draw you closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. He is our hope, and the reason why we sing!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Jennifer!

    This has been a really tough year for us too, but God is faithful and making us more and more into the image of Christ...and I want to be more like Him...to bring Him greater glory...God prunes us to make us more fruitful...He gets rid of the things that cause us to stumble and sin...because He loves us...He gives us good friends to help us along the way and celebrate with us...He is so good!
    I am ready for a fresh start too! Believing better, trusting more, praying and reading the word more diligently...not so I can say...I do this...but so I can know Him better and better!
    Love you dear friend!
    C~

    ReplyDelete