Saturday, December 4, 2010

grieving



It was a year ago last Friday that we said our final goodbyes to my Nana. The day is fresh in my memory. I have not had a day that I did not think of her this year. She was such a wonderful blessing to me and my family.



Last Saturday we had to say goodbye to our faithful friend Saidee. She was sick for a week, and we didn't quite know what was wrong with her, but she just kept declining. She has not been a healthy dog the past year, and has been in and out of the vet with stomach problems. The vet said she was bleeding internally, and it most likely was from a tumor. She had lost so much blood, that the only option was to put her to sleep. It's been a very sad week!

Our chocolate lab, Koda has been grieving too. He doesn't want to chase squirrels anymore, and has been wanting to be inside all the time. He lays on Saidee's bed in front of the fireplace and looks sad. We have made extra effort to take him for walks and play ball with him. I know it will take a little while for him to feel better, but I hope he will get back to himself soon. It really seems strange that he's not giving those squirrels a bad time.

The boys have been gathering pictures of Saidee to put together a scrapbook for her. I think this will be very healing for them, and it's also great for a school project. Then after that is done, maybe it will be easier to get in the Christmas cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment