Friday, November 20, 2009

Why I homeschool

I homeschool because I feel the Lord has impressed me to do so. I feel he has given me children to train up in his word. I feel that my children are a blessings,and I want to do my best with what he has given me. I want my children to know they are always loved, that I am available to them whenever they need to talk, whenever they need a hug, whenever they need help... Because that is how God is with me. I want them to learn to be respectful, honorable, honest, hardworking men. I want them to have a heart that is filled with God's word, so when the time comes that they are out on their own then will have a storehouse of knowledge inside of them.

I feel obligated to teach my children that this world did not come about by chance, that a big explosion can not create anything. This world was created for a purpose, and they were created for a purpose, and there are no accidents when it comes to the creation. God made us, He loves us, and He wants a relationship with us...

Why is that such a threat to so many? Why do people look at me so strange when I say that I choose to educate my children? Can I really go wrong... after all I have the Creator of the world on my side. I have his knowledge in my heart, and it's an complete honor to teach my children about his creation. It's an honor to tell them about Jesus love. It's an honor to teach them about the providence of God. It is an honor to be with them, to share my time with them, to learn with them, to grow in the Lord with them... It's a great privilege to be a parent. To be intrusted with a life... It's an honor! I will never take that lightly!

I will never give my children over to the state for them to indoctrinate. They teach a doctrine that is contrary to the word of God. They teach children that they came about by chance, and that they evolved from apes, that it's OK to live in sin, and give them protective measures so that they can do it safely.... like sin is ever safe! They teach that if you think homosexuality is wrong then you are hateful. If you believe in God, then your ignorant...and that is just the beginning, their is many more lies they teach... Why would I not homeschool my children? I love them, and they are a gift to me... after all it all goes by so fast.. I don't want to miss a minute of it!

2 comments:

  1. Very well, said Jennifer. Keep up the great work. You are doing wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with this post. I am going to share it on my blog, if you don't mind! followthehills.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete