Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Psalm 133:1 How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!


God has been speaking to my heart about his love, and his desire for unity. Love and unity go hand and hand, they cannot be separated.

1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in human or angelic tongues,[a] but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.


God is love, and his greatest desire is that his children that we would walk in love and unity. That we would not let things get in the way of fellowship with him, or with each other.

It is one thing to read about love and unity; It's another thing to walk in it. It is hard to turn the other cheek at times, it's hard to love that person who is treating you like garbage. There is a safe place to run to, where you can find rest. This life is not easy, and relationships can be hard...but I know that with God, all things are possible. I know that He brings healing and restoration. He brings peace, and joy. His love endures forever, and his arms are always open wide. I want to walk in the Love of Christ, and love others even when they are acting in a way that is unkind. I don't know what is going on in their heart. I don't know all the pain they have suffered...all I know is that Jesus loves them, just like he loves me...and He is not easily offended.

Give me eyes to see, and ears to hear, understanding from you God. Help me to see others with your eyes, and love hem with your love.

1 comment: