Saturday, September 18, 2010

Crying out for Daddy

Today I was sitting in line at Costco and notice a small boy about the age of two in the line beside me. He was on one side of the check stand while his Mommy was on the other side. He was holding out his arms to her and saying," Mama I want you, I want to get out of the cart, Mama I need you, please Mama please."

As I was witnessing this the thought came into my mind. I thought about our Abba Father. I thought about the fact that there are times when we don't think we can do it on our own and we cry out, "Abba father I need you, I don't want to be apart from you any longer, I need your protection, I need your love, I need to feel your arms of safety around me."

There are times that He does let us learn to walk a little on our own, he lets us endure uncomfortable circumstances. HE gently tells us that He is right there, that He sees us, that he is with us, that he is working things out for our good. Just like this Mama who was calmly looking to her child, she was letting him know your alright, I am right here, I am not going to let anything happen to you, I am not going to leave you, I love you.

We should always be calling out to our Abba father, always seeking him in every situation. He is always listening, He always cares, and will always guide us in the right way. He always has open arms to comfort us. He is our Abba Father, our daddy. His love is unconditional, and we can trust him to never let us down.

1 comment: